Thursday, May 23, 2013

Here it Grows!

This will be a short post, but I promised that I would keep you all updated on the progress of our little garden. guess what?? It is growing pretty well! It really had no choice considering all of the rain we have been getting! The tomato plants are flowering and it looks like everything else is beginning to also. Woohoo! New to straw bale gardening? Visit my original post on planting the straw bale garden here,  As always, feel free to share your thoughts, questions, best practices, and suggestions!

The zucchini, squash, cucumbers, and tomato plants have taken off! 
I am sure the watermelon and pepper plants aren't too far behind. 







1 comment:

  1. This is very cool Heather! I'm challenged with horrible Gastonia red clay, may be giving this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete