Monday, May 13, 2013

Meatless Monday!

When cooking for others I try to accommodate all food preferences the best I can. I am vegetarian, Tim is a carnivore, and our friends are everything in-between. Tonight I needed a gluten free recipe so I decided  to try pasta-less vegetarian lasagna! Let me preface this by saying that I don't like "other people's lasagna" not that I am a food snob or anything, I just don't like ricotta cheese! So I developed my own recipe a few years ago, and adapted it for dinner tonight.

Ingredients:
Zucchini (4-5 small)
Squash (1 small)
Chopped carrots (about 1 1/2 cups)
Chopped onion (1 med.)
Broccoli (about a cup)
1 1/2 jars of your favorite tomato sauce, or homemade
Mozzarella (3 cups)
Dried or freshspices/seasoning (garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, pepper)

Directions:
-The zucchini will take the place of the pasta. Cut each lengthwise and boil until tender.
Drain and set aside.
-boil the carrots and onion in water for about 7 minutes, add the other vegetables and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Drain water and retur the vegetables to pot.
-add your sauce and spices/seasoning. Mix and cook until heated throughout.
- layer zucchini"pasta", sauce and mozzarella twice in a large baking dish. Bake on 350* for 25-30 min.
Serve and enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment