Thursday, April 24, 2014

One Year Blogiversary!!!



Hey y'all!! Can you believe that as of yesterday (4/23/14), has been ONE YEAR since I launched Crunchy, Like Granola?!? I thought it would be fun to reflect on the changes that Tim and I have made in our daily lives since I started this experiment crunchy journey and share where we aspire to be at the end of year two.....and maybe eat some cake to celebrate.

Prior to making the decision to change our lifestyles, we were what I would call, mostly unaware consumers. By this I mean that we didn't think twice about buying processed food, using disposable paper products, antiperspirant deodorant, commercial laundry detergent, mindlessly taking medicine for any and everything, etc, etc, etc.

Oh my, how so very far we have come! I feel like our eyes have been opened and we can finally see the light! After many, many hours of questions and research, we can actually feel good about how we live now! Not to say that we are all informed, all knowing, and are super crunch-monkeys (Tim's name for a "crunchy person", hehe) 100% of the time, but we have made significant changes! Still wondering how? Check out my posts from the past twelve months!!

Tim and I have discussed both short and long term goals for implementing more eco/friendly, sustainable, crunchy, and hippie-ish ways. Just a couple of these include: reducing our paper waste even more, taking reusable cups places where we know disposable is the only offered option, composting, buying local when possible, and researching intentional communities/ ecovillages. I can't wait to blog about these things and more in the coming year!

If you have been reading from the beginning, or if you are just joining us now, THANK YOU for being here. I hope you stick around for a while!

Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment